Monday, January 30, 2012

Verbal Vomit

  • I have 20,984 emails in my inbox.  Really?  Is that even possible?  I should probably just delete them all and start over.  But what if I neeeeed one of them?  Am I an email hoarder? 
  • Last week I dropped my phone in a cup of DP (what else) for all of 2 seconds.  Verdict - dead.  My husband, he jumps in the lake with his in his pocket.  Verdict - alive.  Something is definitely wrong with that.  I bit the bullet and got an iPhone and surprisingly I love it!!  I loved my Droid X too but this seems more "user friendly" in some ways. 
  • I got two gifts I love, love, love for Christmas and they truly show my age and stage of life - a trash can and a dustbuster.  Funny, I know. :)  The trash can was a surprise from my mil for hubbie and me.  It is stainless steel so very pretty but also has a foot pedal.  Nice extra....I think not.  Necessary extra....I think so!  It feels so much cleaner not to have to touch the lid but to still have one on it.  The dustbuster, I requested.  I have been wanting one but was too cheap to buy it.  I seriously don't know how I survived without it.  If you have kids, you need a dustbuster.  It totally beats breaking out the oversized vacuum cleaner.  I clean up much more than I did before, just because it's EASY!  And the fun part just points to what a nerd I am so we won't go there. :)
  • Jake has outgrown his 7:30/8 bedtime.  I knew it was coming.  His new 8:30/9 bedtime is much less desirable for the "me time" we so desperately need.  And it's so hard when you have another one so close behind in age, but so far behind in her need for sleep.  She could probably benefit from a 7:00 bedtime.  But, alas, we find her staying up with her brother to keep the peace.  Until it all blows up in our faces, that is probably how the chips will fall.
  • Wheat Thins...I could eat an entire box a day.  Enough said.
  • And, lastly, I'd like to tell you to go read THIS!  Loved it....
1.  Don’t take too much credit for their good.
2.  Don’t take too much credit for their bad.
3. Don’t try to raise a good child. Raise a God-following adult.

1 comment:

Sharon Ankerich said...

LOVE your new blog header!!! Sorry about all your mishaps! And I LOVED that article yesterday too~ SO true and really liberating!!! Blessings and love! XO