Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Because I'm usually talking about my kids, I thought I'd talk about myself for one day.   Today, I'm linking up to Ten on Tuesday at Roots & Rings....

1. What are your pantry staples?
Cereal, baby food, mac & cheese, pasta, peanut butter, and lots and lots of crackers.  That's not all that's in there, but you get the idea...

2. What are your refrigerator staples?
Milk, yogurt (specifically the kind with M&M's on top!), soda, waffles....do leftovers count?!  Condiment wise we must always have ketchup, mayo, mustard, ranch, syrup and hot sauce.  We are always prepared to douse whatever we are eating!  There is always a bag of chicken in my freezer and usually some ground beef. 

3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
- I would be a morning person.  This is a whole different topic, but even though I think night people are awesome, life runs more smoothly for morning people.  Bummer....
- I would ENJOY cooking.  Contrary to the things my husband says, I can cook when I WANT to.  Key word.  I do not enjoy anything about cooking, or the kitchen for that matter.  Unfortunately, it has to be done.
- I would have some kind of creative bone in my body - specifically when it comes to my house.  I know what I love, but only when I see it done.  I cannot see things and imagine how they will look in the room or in the finished product.


4. What’s holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
In most ways, I have my dream job - SAHM.  When my kiddos are little, I cannot imagine a better place to be.  That doesn't mean I think it's easy or always fun, but definitely the best place to be.  However, when they are all in school and working outside the home is more feasible, I don't think anything could top working in the new baby nursery on the L&D floor!!  Seeing new life every day seems like the most amazing job there could be!  I would have to be the "bathing nurse" though, because I don't think I could ever learn to poke needles in babies.....or grown people for that matter!

5. You have $500 to spend but it has to be on one item only. Go.
Today, it would be a playground for my kids.  Later on, I'd like to replace my wedding band that I lost. :(  Will $500 even buy one of those anymore?

6. What is something that you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
Ummm.....I'm too embarrassed to admit it.

7. What’s in/on your bed every night?
During the night...me, hubbie, my 2 pillows, his 2 pillows, and a quilt.  In the winter, we'll also add my electric blanket to that!!  No kiddos in our bed thank goodness.  You might find them in the floor though!

8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget if, you will always find room for it?
I honestly don't think I have one.  I recently quit buying canned Dr Peppers which would definitely be a non-necessity that I thought I couldn't live without.  Other than those, everything else is subject to cuts in this house. :)  I'm sure a few will come to mind though, after I've written this!

9. What is the wierdest sandwich you’ve ever made?
I don't really make wierd sandwiches.  I'm not a very picky eater though, so I'll try most anything.  Especially with mayonnaise and bread.  If I'm having chips with my sandwich, they'll usually end up on my sandwich though - makes a nice crunchy surprise! :)

10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
Since I quit Facebook cold turkey last week, I'm going with never get on FB and gain 5000 blog readers.  Pinterest is awesome but I haven't gotten totally addicted yet, and Twitter just doesn't interest me. 

Bored yet??? :)

No comments: