Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Am Sad

Have you seen the new Bennetton ads?  I debated posting the pictures I am referring to for you to see.
 
I decided against it. 

Sure, you can google it and find them right away.  Google them with Obama, with the Pope, with others. 

But do I really want that displayed on my blog?  Do I want to further the success of the ads?

***

I am sad.  So very sad that when I turn on the morning news, this is the first thing that my family sees.

I am sad that my 8 year old son was exposed to this today.  I could see the confusion in his eyes.

I am sad that this company thinks this is the best way to express "peace" among people. 

I am sad that these type of photos are the norm in our culture.

And I am sad that they are now considered a success because of all the attention they have garnered.

No comments: