Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Flowers or Facebook?

I recently abandoned the Facebook hole.  Not because I think anything is inherently wrong with it, but more because it was causing me to neglect things that were more important. 
Like my kids.  Or my husband.  Or my quiet time.  The list could go on for a while.

I have to say that I have not missed it one bit. 

I think I was feeling so convicted about the issue, that it was a relief when I gave it up. 

I'm not saying I'll never have a Facebook again...I just might.  BUT, it will be of much less importance in my daily life. 

So, on Sunday, with nothing much to do inside, I ventured outside and *gasp* planted some flowers!  These flowers had been calling my name for about a month now - the amount of time they had been sitting on my front walk in their containers. 

The frost last week did a number on my beautiful red impatience so they got the boot, in favor of some Woodruff Wolverine themed mums and pansies. :)


As I planted flowers in the sun (that we won't be able to enjoy for much longer), I was thankful that I was not indoors.  I would have missed the constant laughter of these little people.....




And I would never have been able to see Soul Surfer played out in real life!  Oh the drama! 

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Ha Ha! LOVE the reinactment!
You are braver than me.... I don't think I have the willpower to unFacebook myself. Go girl!

Summer said...

Love it!! especially Ad looking at those teeth!