Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Week in the Life: Thursday

Thursday
Today walking didn't happen.  I was up until 1:00 working, and then up periodically during the nigh with Jake coughing.  He was having bad coughing spells, almost to the point of vomiting, and it kept waking both of us up.  I honestly don't remember what time I fed T.  I believe it was right around 4.  I went back to bed and when my alarm went off at 5:15, I was dead. 

I slept until T woke up again at 7 to eat and he actually went back to sleep after that.  Me, T, and EK got up around 8:30 and Jake didn't roll out of bed about 10.  We had breakfast and got ready for T's pictures at 11:00.  My friend and favorite photographer came over and took some great pics of all 3 of them and then T alone.  We even got one of T and Luke. :) 





After pics we all had some lunch.  T had a jar of squash and he nursed, I had a manwich, Jake had a corndog and watermelon, and EK had goldfish.  Yea, I know.  T napped for a little bit and then we headed to his 6 month check up.  He was fortunate enough to get 3 shots today.  When he gets shots, the nurse says the oddest thing.  She always tells me I need to get between her and him so that he can't see her and associate her with pain.  She says he will forgive me but not her.  Do what???  That is completely backwards to me.  Who cares if he doesn't forgive her?  She actually scolded me for not blocking her from his view today and said I would have to when he got older.  I'm wondering who is paying who here....

After shots, we went to Brusters and had ice cream on Jake :) to celebrate T's big day.  What sweet boys I have. :)  I got yogurt - I wasn't really in the mood for ice cream and figured I'd try it.  It tasted pretty much the same to me - maybe even better because it wasn't as sweet! 


 No ice cream for ME?

Then we headed to do the dreaded deed.  We took Jake to Toys R Us to spend his birthday money. Wow.  I think I'd rather hang by my toenails than do that.  And I very stupidly took EK with us, knowing she had no money and couldn't buy anything.  Jake went with us to spend her birthday money and actually did well.  She wasn't so forgiving. 

After an hour of mind-changing, he decided to buy a new Nintendo DS.  He lost his a few months back and I told him I would not be buying another one but he was welcome to spend his money on one. We wanted to buy it at Game Stop so we left and picked up Michael's truck at the doctor's office.  We were all very tired and hungry and none of us do well on an empty stomach.  We took the truck by the house and then stopped at Stevie B's for pizza before we went to Game Stop.  I was quickly reminded why eating out has lost it's appeal. 

We got the DS, exchanged the jet ski he got for a new one (the other one broke rather quickly) and headed for the hills. By the time we got home, T was wailing and every time you touched his little legs he screamed.  We gave him some ibuprofen, he ate a jar of yummy peas, he got a bath, and I fed him.  He finally calmed down and went to sleep. 

At this moment, Michael is rocking EK in the rocking chair and eating up the attention. :)  Jake is playing with his long lost love....his DS.  And I am feeling quite happy that this post is completed before midnight.

No comments: