Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Week in the Life: Sunday

A blogger I enjoy at Kelly's Korner had a neat idea to document how she spent a week in her life.  She knew that it would probably not be too exciting for readers, but she wanted to remember how her days were spent in this season of her life. 

Memories fade far too quickly and I know these days won't last long. 

I thought it might serve another purpose too, that being to get me back in the habit of blogging daily or close to it!

Sooo...here goes!  Feel free to tune out now....this "picture-less" post will probably put you to sleep.

Sunday

This morning I woke up far too early, at 4 am, and couldn't go back to sleep.  I watched a few DVR'ed tv shows, ate some cereal, and fed Tanner at 4:20 when he woke up.  He usually wakes up between 4 and 5 ready to eat.  He always goes right back to bed and sleeps until around 7 or 8. He eats every 3 hours pretty regularly once he gets up.  I eventually got back in bed and took about a 15 minute nap before getting up and meeting my mom to walk at 6. 

After walking I came back to shower and get ready for church.  Tanner had a little rice cereal for breakfast - not much though because he hates it so much!  We got the kiddos up and immediately they both began complaining of sore throats.  Jake had been complaining for a few days but his allergies are so bad, I assumed it was from that.  EK's made me suspicious.  Stop.  180.  Change out of church clothes.  Pile in the car and head to the Minute Clinic. 

We get there are 9:20 and it doesn't open until 10.  Remembering I had heard the wait can get lengthy, we ran a short errand and came back at 9:40 to wait and be first in line.  Excellent choice judging by the 6 people already in line after us when we left at 10:20! 

The nice doctor determined it was not strep but viral which was good by me!  She only charged me for one kiddo instead of two which was great by me! :)

Back home, I fed Tanner and we left to eat lunch at Nana's house.  She had lots of veggies from the garden so she cooked some for lunch today.  Uncle Dave & Frankie were there but Aunt TonTon nor any of the other kiddos made it.  Uncle Gary stopped by for a few minutes.  Jake swam for all of 3 seconds - EK started feeling pretty puny while we were there and didn't want to swim.  He was bored silly without her to play.  I fed Tanner again and we visited a little while before we left.

When we got home, Tanner laid down for a nap.  Yours truly even got a nap today!!  That doesn't happen much lately but it is so wonderful when it does!!  Michael took care of Tanner (he never sleeps that long in the afternoon) and got me up when it was time for him to eat again at 4:30.  EK slept much of the afternoon which is unusual, so I knew she was feeling rough.  I made my 4th attempt at finishing The Social Network (the Facebook movie) and still didn't make it all the way to the end.  One day I'll find out how that lawsuit ended....

We all had lunch leftovers for dinner - oh so good - except EK who had a peanut butter sandwich.  Nana brought over some ice cream sandwiches for EK and some popsicles for Jake since they were both feeling bad.

A quiet day comes to an end as I finish up this post while Michael alternates between spaceships and wild animals on tv. Both enthrall me...I think my bed might be calling my name.

No comments: