Saturday, May 21, 2011

Full Friday

Wow, today was a busy day!  And we survived!  That seems to be my mantra these days....just survive. :)

Being the last full day of school this year, the kids both had end of the year celebrations of some sort today.  EK had Beach Day and Jake had a Fancy Nancy Tea Party.

T and I were out and about early and made it to the school by 8:30 for the very chilly start to Beach Day.  I was assigned the bubble and chalk station which suited me fine.  The kids don't get into bubbles and chalk as much when the other stations are some sort of water play.  I was just thankful I wasn't in charge of the shaving cream station!! Yikes!! :)

They had all sorts of centers for the kids other than bubbles and chalk.  They had shaving cream painting, water guns, painting, sprinklers, and a huge water slide.

T was on his best behavior and sat nicely the whole morning.  It is so nice, though, to be around so many ladies that like to squash their desire for "one more" by holding my "one more".  whew...  Makes my day!!


Layla & EK - tiny tickled twins :)
 Asher...oh my....

 Brrrrr!!!
 Mrs. Reeves gettin' some lovin'
 Oaks
 Painting the building kept them busy for hours!  And WoW did it smell good!


The first grade celebrated with a Fancy Nancy Tea Party.  The things teachers come up with...just why I'm not one! :)  It was so nice!  They held it in the lunchroom and each classroom decorated their tables and set up their food table.  Mrs. Fultz did a great job with the food and her punch was so good!!  Rhylan's mom brought the cutest cupcakes with huge "diamonds" on top!  I brought the finger sandwiches. :)

The kids lined up at the door to the lunchroom and the teachers announced their names as they strutted down the red carpet.  They had just had their parent conferences so there were lots of parents there to watch.

They had finger foods and punch and learned about manners in the process.  Such fun! 

Jake's teacher shared with me that one of the little girls in her class was wearing the same dress that her own girls all wore to their Fancy Nancy Tea Party many, many years earlier - she has grandchildren now!!  :) She is just a sweet lady like that!!



 Jake with Ms Fultz
 Struttin down the runway






No comments: