Saturday, April 09, 2011

Rolling Over

First off, I know my post titles are rather boring (unlike my friend Jo Ellen who always has the most clever titles!).  Most of the time, I'm just too lazy to spend time naming my posts, but it also makes it easy to look back and find something if needed!!  My memory is pretty foggy these days and creative names would just baffle me!!

So back to "Rolling Over"....

Fun, hot, summer day today.  The kiddos played most of the morning in the yard with some friends in the neighborhood.  Around lunchtime, Jake had to head to the baseball field for pictures.  Afterwards he had one hot game!!  It was well in the 80s today and poor T was sweating up a storm out there!!  He has a pretty good little team and they won their game easily today.

 One dirty kiddo after the game!


 I have never met this sweet lady, but her story touches me to no end.  My Ella Kate found one of her sweet Maddie-Bugs. :)
After the game we loaded up and were headed to the yellow mall in Gaffney to do some shopping.  We ended up changing plans and going to a Pig Pickin in Woodruff at a friend's house instead.  So glad we did....it was nice to relax in the nice weather with David & Frankie, while the kids played with friends.  We also were able to visit with some friends we hadn't seen in quite some time (and some we see quite often!). 

Not to leave out the main point of my post....as we were getting ready to leave tonight, I put Tanner down in the living room on his playmat.  I laid him on his back like I always do.  I went into the kitchen to clean up some, and after a while, realized I hadn't heard anything out of him in a while.  I peeped in to check on him and found him laying on his tummy, holding his head straight up looking at me!!!  I was quite shocked!! :)



He has been rolling onto his side for a few weeks now so I figured it wouldn't be very long.  He just couldn't figure out how to get that arm out of the way!  I wanted to see him perform his new trick so we laid him on his back again and he immediately rolled right over!  Sweet thing just kept doing it. 

I'm tickled watching him grow and learn new things, but sad at the same time that it's happening so quickly! 


1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love the baseball shirt:)