Friday, February 11, 2011

4 Weeks Old

Oh my, does time fly.
My sweet little T is 4 weeks old.
Between 3 and 4 weeks he weighed 10 pounds 6 ounces!!  He gained exactly 2 pounds in exactly 2 weeks.  He is turning into quite the hoss.  :) 

He has been regularly eating every 3 hours - every now and then at night he'll bless me with a 4 hour stretch - but in the last 2 days, he has insisted upon dining every 2 hours.  That ain't cool. :)  Hoping it's a short growth spurt!

He is becoming a little fussy (ask Michael and he'll tell you the truth but momma must sugar coat it a little) and I'm thinking he may have reflux like his big brother.  He is definitely very gassy and something is going on.  Hoping the doctor can help us out with that tomorrow.

Otherwise, big brother and sister still love him to pieces.  Jake still loves to hold him, especially while he watches tv. He is very willing to help out with him anytime Tanner is unhappy. 

Ella Kate is turning into quite the little mother.  She is the sweetest little soul and has the patience of a saint already.  She likes to dance for him and he usually watches captivated.  If he is crying, she gets right beside him and talks and sings until he is quiet.  We have caught her several times lately playing house and "feeding" her baby dolls.  I love that she thinks nothing of breastfeeding and it is a natural part of having a baby to her. 

Overall, it's been a pretty easy transition adding a third to the house.  I think since Jake and EK are able to do most everything for themselves, it has made a huge difference.  They don't require near the amount of time they once did and nowhere near the time Tanner needs.  The hardest part has been carving out time for each of them so they don't feel left out.  I still have a long way to go on that but for the most part, everyone is adjusting quite well!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

HOW PRECIOUS! I cannot believe it's been 4 weeks already! I think I meant to bring dinner over about 3 weeks ago. Oops. Sorry I haven't been by yet!! :( Maybe one day soon, okay??

Thanks for posting. I love seeing the pics!