Saturday, July 18, 2009

Going, Going, Gone!

At camp this week, we discovered that Jake had a little surprise in his mouth! His permanent tooth had come in behind his baby tooth! His baby tooth has been loose for about a month now but not really loose enough to come out.
Until now....
Jake woke us up this morning shouting that his tooth had come out!! He had apparently been lying in the bed trying to wiggle it free. He said that he figured out that you had to move it side to side and twist it to make it come out. Ew!! That just makes my stomach turn.
I guess we'll have the very first visit from the Tooth Fairy in the Waddell house tonight!

8 comments:

Summer said...

AWWW!! I bet he is sooo excited and you are so sad. Hope the tooth fairy is good to you Jake!!!

Stacy said...

I bet he was screaming and very proud of himself..lol!!! Hope Jake can sleep so the tooth fairy can come visit tonight:)

Tracy said...

Yuck! But very cute! Can't believe he is that big! I am not ready for the boys to start losing teeth!

JESSICA said...

I can't believe he beat Jonathan to the land of permanent teeth! Jonathan has had a loose tooth for months but he refuses to wiggle himself. Congrats on your big boy!

Summer Martin said...

I can't believe he did that himself. I always have to pull all of my kids teeth! Hope the tooth fairy was good to you. The sad part is when a permanent tooth is already there you don't get to see your baby toothless. All of Karson's permanent teeth came in before she lost her baby teeth, hince the reason we are having to go to the orthodontist. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come!!

Sophie Morand said...

Thanks for posting... So was the Tooth Fairy good to Jake??

Leigh said...

So how did the tooth tin work out?? Did he like it?

I can't believe he's lost a tooth already! Makayla lost one of hers way back before school was out! Whit will probably be in THIRD GRADE before his start popping out.

Oh, well!

Congrats, Jake-a-roo!

Kelly said...

I'm still upset that you didn't tell me, ok so I could've read it on here, but this is the first chance i've had to read this b/c of my class, and you see now it's
5:30 AM.