Just a few words of advice if you decide to try out Shipwreck Cove:
1. Get there early. We went at 10 and the crowd wasn't too bad. By the time we left around 2:30, it was getting hard to move around. They do have new hours from 6:30-10pm (I think) where the rates are reduced and it may not be as crowded then either.
2. Bring a lunch and go out of the waterpark and into the playground right beside it and eat a nice, free lunch from home. They will stamp your hand so you can come back in (providing it doesn't reach capacity BUT....they will tell you if it is near capacity and today it was crowded but nowhere near!). It makes the day much more affordable and gives you a nice break in the shade. There is also a drink machine in the park that has much cheaper drinks in it than the concession stand.
3. Speaking of shade, there is a limited amount there. There are 3 of tents set up on the grass but they are the first things taken. There are several umbrellas scattered around but don't they are few and far between. We did see a group come in with their own tent and they set it up on the grass. We asked, and you ARE allowed to do that. Great option if you have something you can bring!
4. If you do get the group rate, you can get a menu with reduced price kids' meals on it but please make sure you order them one hour before you need them no matter how many you order!!
5. Also, the website says that flotation devices are prohibited. This does not include arm floaties or bathing suits with floats in them. We wore those all day and it made our life much easier!
Just thought I'd pass those tips along as we learned some of those things the hard way!! :)