Sunday, April 19, 2009

Some Lazy Weekend Fishing

Michael has been fishing several times this week at this certain lake nearby and caught some pretty big fish.



He asked me if I'd like to go with him on Saturday afternoon. Weeelllll, I don't really have anything else to do so I guess that would be okay. Plus, I do have Twilight to read and I haven't been able to find time to get into it yet. I agreed. Jake decided later that he would like to go too, so we dropped Ella Kate off at Mimi's and headed for the lake. Nothing better in my eyes. Sun, lake, good book, both of my men.... ;)
Jake surprised me by actually being able to throw the fishing rod....and not hook my head.(Michael tells me it is called casting but I'll stick with my version)
Apparently Jake gets bored pretty quickly with fishing and this is where he ended up. Still looks good to me!

So by the end of day, Jake has a renewed interest in fishing but is also getting pretty hot. We had to turn a little redneck. He and Michael had a throwing/casting contest and Jake won (of course).
I had to take pictures of the tongue....such a little Neal.

And, by the way, the book is SUPER. If you like to read, you would LOVE it!! Fishing (aka reading books at the lake while husband thinks I'm enjoying the fish) may be my new hobby. :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

qdabrad2
Where exactly did all three of you fit in that boat?! It does look like a perfect afternoon to me!

Stacy said...

Now if you would have just put some sun screen on yourself it would have been perfect!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great day to me... So, when are we all invited over for the fish fry??? lol

Y'all are going to have to share the interest in Twlight books...

Kevin and Shelley Arrowood said...

Welcome to my world!!! let me know if you need me to give you some throwing (casting) lessons! I have read many good books while Kevin was fishing - it's a great arrangement. We both get what we want. Happy FIshing!!!