Saturday, April 04, 2009

Redecorating

I am aware that it's probably not of much interest to you guys how I decorate my house. But I thought I would share what I've been doing this week anyway!!

We've been in our house 4 years now and haven't done too much to it. I know, I know... We've been so busy with these little munchkins that we just haven't had time.

My goal is to repaint every room that I'm not happy with - that would be everything except the den/hallway/dining room and Jake's room - all in the month of April. Think I can do it? Considering that includes painting the kitchen cabinets....we'll have to see. I have to give myself a deadline or I won't get it done. Ella Kate has already requested her color and *gasp* .... it's not pink! I'll let you wait to see what hers will be!

We also have to paint the storage building AND build a sandbox and swingset to replace the one that was torn down at the end of last year!! Whew!! We're going to be busy for a WHILE!!

This is a good start though....



Michael also did this FAB-U-LOUS beadboard and trim in the bathroom and I couldn't be happier!! It turned out great!! Part of me is thrilled because for 4 years in this bathroom we haved looked at walls that had previously (not by us) had wallpaper removed incorrectly leaving big gaping holes and huge rough patches. I guess in an attempt to disguise all that, someone had done a "faux finish" feather duster technique on it using turquoise and white. Need I say more? I had to "remud" the top half of the walls to get rid of it and this fantastic beadboard covered up the bottom half. He did a great job!!




I'll keep you posted on the rest of my progress!! Next up, master bath.

I know you'll be on pins and needles. ;)

7 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Everything looks so beautiful!! I can't wait to see the other rooms. I love looking at other decorated homes! :)

Diana Sheriff said...

We did the beadboard thing in our bathroom a year or so ago and it makes a huge difference if you have to cover up past mistakes! :) We are also in the paint mode...deadline is by Payne's birthday in May...hope we make it! Good luck!

Tracy said...

No pics of the toilet huh......
It looks great! Great job!

Stacy said...

You have been busy while we were away:) It looks great though!!!

Summer Martin said...

I see you waste no time when you say you are going to do something!! I love the beadboard. That's what I want in our small bathroom. Can't wait to talk to you. Missed you this week:)

Jennifer said...

Looks great, what color is it you painted y'alls bedroom? We are in the process of wanting to do ours and I want that greenish blue and brown but I can't figure out what color to paint the walls... When you get done you can come to my house I hate to paint and Eric hates for me too..lol

Leigh said...

I'm jealous.

Enough said.