Monday, March 02, 2009

Lessons from Mommyhood



I've been trying to join in on my friend Kim's meme for some time now, but I never seem to be able to come up with a significant lesson. So, in keeping with my last post, I have my lesson from mommyhood. :)

Kids do grow up. Those little bundles do learn to walk and talk and soon are old enough to DROP OFF and LEAVE at school!! It's sad but also amazing....I always thought I would break them or "mess them up" by now!! :) I really did have days when they were babies or very small that I would be so nervous about doing something wrong that I would worry they would be "unfixable" afterwards. Not doing it right was a serious fear of mine - of course, I have that fear with most things I do!

Well guess what....it's pretty hard to do...if you love them and try your very best that is! :) I'm sure I've messed up more than my share, but my babies are 5 1/2 and almost 4 and STILL BREATHING! I passed!! :)

Go to Kim's Blog and join in on her fun!

4 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

I removed the last one because my brain must have froze.I forgot how to spell.

You've done really good with the kids.They are great kids!

I remember when we could take vacations in the off season.Those were the days:)

Tracy said...

Girl I hear you! It still amazes me that they just let you take a baby (or two!) home from the hospital with no questions asked!
You keep on keeping on!

Leigh said...

Preach it, sister!

I thank the Lord above everyday that I didn't kill one of mine by forgetting to feed them or not hearing them in the middle of the night.

I also pray (everyday) that I don't mess them up for life.

There's always counseling, I guess.

Way to go, girl!