Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Directv

Okay, so I don't know about you, but I just get irritated every month when our satellite bill comes in the mail. I mean, we pay $69 a month to watch tv!! I know, we could watch it for free, but they really know how to get you between the sports channels, the cartoon channels, and the Lifetime movies! And on top of that, their rates went up AGAIN this month!!

So I got a little tired of it all and called to tell them I wanted to cancel my account. I am still in my 24 month contract (which I'm not sure how I ended up in) so they said they would transfer me to their "disconnect department". He asked why I wanted to cancel and I told him it was too expensive. He immediately offered me $10 off and I said that wasn't enough. He quickly offered me $10 more. I thought $20 wasn't half bad so I took it and ran! Who knows - I might have gotten more but that had my package down to $33 and that's their "new customer" deal right now.

Just thought there might be some more cheapos out there who might like a better deal. Just tell them you want to cancel, and they'll hand you one!! Anybody know how to get my other bills down now? ;)

7 comments:

Stacy said...

That's $20 more you have to spend somewhere else. We canceled our cable a few months ago but decided we wanted it back very quickly.I love watching Lifetime..lol.

Erin said...

Shoot, I may be calling. We are still with Charter...and they STINK! Our rate just skyrocketed...so we are about to cancel!

Barbara Hoffman said...

Hey wanted to let you know that Sonny's in downtown Spartanburg has free kids meals on Monday night it is a great pizza joint

Natalie Kellett said...

I may need to try that!! ours is expensive too!! And who wants to pay to watch tv.... I'll be telling Drew this now!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. We have Directv and I put them down on my to-do list today! Thanks!Joye Hall

Jennifer said...

I was watching something on Today one morning and they were talking about this. They said most of your contract bills like this that you can call them up and tell them they you want the new customer deal and 95% of them will do it to keep your business. I have been meaning to do so I can upgrade my direct to the $39.99 (I want to see that show on Style Ruby) and you get the DVR and the movies channels for free for a couple of months. So, I am going to try and see I can do it... Direct is a great company so hopefully they will stay on my good side..lol

Misty said...

This is so crazy. Kenneth and I just had this same convsation last night. We where discussing- canceling charter and going with Direct TV. Our Charter bill is OUTRAGEOUS! We have tv, cable internet, home phone (which we never use) and im sick of getting insane amount of bills, that are never the same amount.
Our plan was to call today and we didnt! At&t was having a "cash back" deal on thier DSL and I was going to check with them on thier rates.
Well hope you enjoy your "cheaper" tv bill :)