Friday, February 13, 2009

A Good Laugh

A strange thing happened to me tonight in WalMart. I ran out by myself (yes! it was great!) to get some Valentine's Day things. I had been cleaning house all afternoon so I wasn't at my best. Who am I kidding? I never check my makeup before heading out for errands!!

I'm leisurely checking out each aisle (what I do when I am alone and Michael wonders why it takes me so long!) when this girl/lady that, strangely, I've seen 3 times since I've been here, comes up to me and says "Can I ask you a question?".

Uh oh. That's not good.

"You're going to think I'm wierd. hahahahahha"

Double uh oh.

She told me I would be a perfect before and after face model for her Mary Kay show.

It took a minute for this to sink in, but I realized....if she thinks I'd be a great before and after face, that means I must look REALLY bad! I'm like one of those shows where they walk around looking for terrible looking people so they can "fix" them. She definitely doesn't mean that I'm looking sooo hot right now that she thinks if they washed all my make up off, I'd make a great before shot.

OH how funny!!!

Let's look on the bright side....at least she thought there was hope for me being fixed!!!

10 comments:

Summer Laney said...

Too funny!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

OK... I am not lying when I say this...I was at Walmart last week, with a two month old, wearing a sweatshirt and NO makeup...and the same thing happens to me. Maybe that's where they all hang out. Come to think of it, I never did get a call from the lady. Maybe she did think twice after she saw me. HAHA!!! Too funny!

Stacy said...

That's so funny! Goodness,I would hate to see what she would say about me..lol.

Tracy said...

Wowzers! Did you ask her if her look was the before? or after?
hehe!

Corrie said...

Awesome about you guys registering! I was there this afternoon so I would have loved to have seen y'all! I know it was prob crazy though - valentines parties, etc ending just before dismissal. I'm glad Jake has been there and will feel comfortable since he knows a little of the school.

LifeAtTheCircus said...

That is so funny! What was your response. Man if she saw me when I ran out for errands, I shudder to think what she'd say!

Jennifer said...

lol... that is funny.. I sold MK and if it makes you feel better in training they tell you to go to Wal-Mart and fine ladies to ask to do make overs... I bet your were pretty as ever she just thought you looked nice and approachable...

Autumn said...

I love it! Stalked by the Mary Kay lady!!

Natalie Kellett said...

Rhonda, you are gorgeous!! That is funny though. I know how you feel. I dont' always get all dressed up to go run errands. I felt like you when I ran into you at walmart that day. Still in my pjs with no makeup!!! And you know I do it over and over and always run into someone I know. You would think I have learned by now to get dressed better =)

snookmama said...

Wait, I have been shopping in the cosmetics area twice in the last week and nobody tried to help me! Maybe I didn't look hopeful/helpable. :) Sounds like a scam to me!