Monday, January 12, 2009

Jake's First Basketball Game

Jake had his first Upward Basketball game this Saturday morning. They practice for a little bit and then they play their game. He was so nervous!! He was afraid he wasn't going to be fast enough or be able to make a basket or they would run over him. The list went on and on.

Once he got there, he jumped right in and had a great time! I love that about Jake. He is not afraid to try. I was always afraid to try because I might not be good at it (whatever "it" may be - sports or otherwise!). He loves sports though and seems like he will be a pretty good athlete when he's older.

Jake and Will H
Check out my new basketball duds!



Coach Kevin and daddy

9 comments:

Stacy said...

He looks like he was dribbling that ball pretty good!!

Erin said...

How cute is he?! I can't wait to have a little boy athlete!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer Laney said...

Looks like Jake is having a good time!! Maybe we will come see him play 1 Saturday :)

April said...

Oh Rhonda...you must be so proud!

Jennifer said...

He is going to be mr all around guy.. that is awesome... you know I had no clue that Tyler could had played this year until I saw this.. oh well we will do it next year...

Anonymous said...

Who is that hunk of burning love in the green coaches shirt?

Misty said...

Keaston is playing Upward! We enjoy it! He played for District 5 last year...
Good luck Jake!

Rhonda said...

I sure hope it's Susan that's asking!! ;)