Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy 29th...and holding!

There are some things in life that just make it a little sweeter. I think of them as God's little gifts to me. Sharing my birthday with my Papa is one of those.

Happy 78th Birthday Papa! I Love You!!


What a day!! I am blessed with incredible friends and family that went out of their way to say "Have a Great Day!!" Before 8am I had 2 blog posts to me, a text message, and so many emails!!! When I walked into work, I had balloons and gifts on the table! And I was even treated to lunch! Wow, I feel loved!! Thank you guys so much. I really cannot say how much you touched my heart today!

I really did have a great day. Birthdays are big on my list. It's the one day that belongs to me. And the day my dad takes us all out to eat! ;) "Rice Man" it was tonight...the one that cooks on your table, that is. Jake got to pick, but only because I knew that's what he'd say. It's my favorite too! But I have to add that if you're heading to Shogun, don't even think about taking something in for your picky little 3 year old to eat. I was almost chased out of the restaurant by this little Japanese lady!! She let me stay but I think it was only after she calculated the difference in the $5 she lost on Ella Kate and the $150 she would lose on the rest of us!! She even made me pour Ella's drink out of the McDonald's cup into a plain styrofoam one "so no one will recognize the logo!!" Yea, because when I'm going out for Japanese and I pass McDonalds, it's AWFULLY tempting to stop there instead!! :)

So, anyway, great dinner with a "rice cake" and all!
For my birthday, Jake told me that he planned to buy me a new van. What a son!! Because we had test drove one like his teacher's a few months back, he thought he'd just ask her if we could have hers. I'm sure she'd love to trade her nice new van for our much older version!! :)
Ella Kate wanted me to have a princess birthday cake. Mom helped to grant her wish!

And look what I got...hangers...to put my new clothes on! :) Plus some well loved cash!

The old folks!

And some exciting news....my cousin, Marcie, is in labor as we speak. I so hope this baby gets here before midnight!!! Go, Marcie, Go!!! I'll let you know tomorrow when she arrives!
I'm off to complete my perfect day with a perfect rest in my pre-warming bed! :)

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday Rhonda! Glad your day was so special! You look great in your pictures, by the way!

Erin said...

Aww, sounds like you had a really great day! Happy Birthday!

Scott and Sharon Ankerich said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had such a special day!!! You don't look a day past 29!!!
Birthday Blessings!
Shay

Summer Laney said...

Glad you had a great birthday!! I see you got a "cake" this year!! Can't wait to hear about Marcie!!

Misty said...

HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!

Stacy said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day. YOu deserve it!!!

snookmama said...

Happy Birthday, Queen Rhonda! You look beautiful at 29 and holding. :)

April said...

Hope you had a good one. Looks like you did. Tell Jake that's my restaurant of choice!! Thanks for being such a great friend!! and oh yeah...I have you an award. You can grab it from my blog!!

jkstrib said...

Looks like an awesome birthday. You deserve it!

JESSICA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Are you catching up with me or what? I'm glad you had such a great day. I know how special it is to share your birthday with someone you love..Nicholas and I share one too!

snookmama said...

Oh, and I gave your blog an award. :)

JESSICA said...

Congratulations! I just gave you a blog award!