Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Spartanburg Christmas Parade

Up until a few years ago, Spartanburg always had their Christmas parade on the day after Thanksgiving. My family has gone to the parade since we were born...many years!! We always went to the parade and then to the Beacon to eat. We would see the "celebrities" of the parade there - like Strom Thurmond and Alan Thicke (Growing Pains dad) to name a couple. A few years back, they moved it to a Tuesday night. Boy, was my mom sad! This was one of our family traditions and it was over!

Last year, we went to the parade with our friends the Harrisons and had a great time - despite locking the keys in the van and having to call my poor dad from Woodruff to help us pry them out!! This year the Martins and the Laneys joined us (well, minus Jamie and Brandon!). It was much colder this year, but it was lots of fun to watch the parade with 9 kids and great friends!






All heads turn...


Okay, not sure what is the deal with my camera...why did all my parade pictures look like this?? It's a Canon Rebel - advice please!!
This is supposed to be a picture of the Woodruff High Marching Band!
Jake loves...
From Survivor...

Shriners - up close and personal!
Not quite sure what this was supposed to be but I know Bobby would have liked it!
I am SOOO glad Snow White was there!! I sort of told Ella Kate there would be princesses at the parade to bribe her into taking our Christmas card photo before the parade. I had planned on pointing out the 15 little pageant queens, but this was way better!!
And as always...

5 comments:

Scott and Sharon Ankerich said...

We just had our parade in our town too. Great fun for families!!! Hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!!
Blessings,
Sharon

Stacy C. said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I had forgotten all about the parade.Maybe we'll go next year.

Summer Martin said...

Someone was on the ball last night!! We did have fun.

April said...

Oh I'm so jealous!! We used to go every year when I was a kid. That stopped when I got married. Guess it had something to do with Nick :)
We would eat at the Skillet and watch it go by. Oh the days!! Looks like ya'll had a great time.

Jennifer said...

Looks like y'all had fun... I work in the building beside the BB&T... I wanted to go but we had our company dinner and I could not go... Maybe next year.