Thursday, December 04, 2008

O Christmas Tree

This year, we put our tree up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The kids were beside themselves waiting for it to be time!

Jake and Ella Kate both remembered all the ornaments from last year and couldn't wait to get them out!














I let them hang all the balls by themselves.....they did a great job on the bottom half! Ella Kate wanted to hang every single ball on the same branch. I tried and tried to get her to put them elsewhere, but she insisted! I waited until they were distracted by a Christmas movie before I spread them out.


Other than the balls and bows, we only have sentimental ornaments. It's so much fun to get them out and remember who and when. The kids already have their own boxes since they get at least 2 new ones each year - one from my parents and one from us. I also have a box full of my ornaments growing up - some of them are pretty old!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Too cute! We have the same ornament traditions! I have at least one ornament for each year since I was born. So does Shane. And now the kids do too. They get at least 2 each year! I am about to go get another ornament box to start Ryan's collection!

Your tree looks great!

Kim said...

Love the tree - especially that you left the balls on the bottom half! :) My mom did the same traditition for us. So 90% of the ornaments on our tree are from my growing up years. Its fun to remember. We'll continue that tradition for our kids - and I'm sure my mom will too. So Nathan will also have 2 a year.

Scott and Sharon Ankerich said...

Beautiful tree and very sweet that the kids had so much fun decorating!!! Hope you all have a GREAT holiday season and a very Merry Christmas!!!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

What a beautiful tree! We're cutting ours down this Saturday and I hope to have it decorated by Monday.

Stacy C. said...

The tree looks beautiful! We have a ton of ornaments but they all have a memory with them.

I love the ones the kids have made at school. Most of them have pictures on them. So when we look at them it's hard to remember when Kain was 4! We are going to do our tree tonight!

Summer Martin said...

I love your tree. It is beautiful. Our tree also only has sentimental ornaments that the kids have made or we have been given over the years.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful tree... I am so jealous you got yours up and decorated... We had plan to do our last weekend too but our house was hit w/ the stomach bug and has not been done yet... We to have mainly sentimental ornaments and then our yearly ones... but I have never thought about putting each kids in there own box.. I will have to do that this year... I love going through and seeing what the boys have made, the pics of them... it is a good time..

snookmama said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love ornaments with memories--I used to get a lot as gifts as a teacher. I would write the name of the student on the bottom of the ornament. Now when I decorate, it brings back memories (of when children actually listened to me!) and a chance to pray for those students wherever they are.

Natalie Kellett said...

I love your tree. Very beautiful!!!