Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

Michael and I give the kids an ornament each year to add to their box. I try to pick ornaments that really reflect the year that the kids have had. My mom always did this with us, and I have a box full of sentimental ornaments that hang on our tree. When they are older and have their own tree, they'll be able to take their box and add to their tree...if mom can bear to part with it!

Now, they have more ornaments than these because their mimi & pop also give them ornaments, their friends give them ornaments, they make quite a few, and mom & dad sometimes have a hard time choosing only one. These are the first picks from each year, though.

From 2003....

From 2004...From 2005....

I am not entirely sure what happened to Jake's ornament from this year.

I feel sure it has either: a)been put on the tree by my children and is in hiding, b)never left the ornament box in all the chaos, or c)already been broken by an overzealous toddler.

I truly hope I didn't forget to buy him one in my blurry, infant/toddler induced stupor of that year. This just proves that I should document these things or they will quickly leave my mind!


From 2006...From 2007....

And I know you're DYING to know what our ornaments are for this year, so I won't keep you in suspense any longer!! :)

From 2008....

If you know my kids, you'll know that these ornaments fit them to a "T". I have 2 extremely stereotypical kiddos....football and princesses all the way!

4 comments:

wysong5 said...

We give the kids an ornament every year also. I was doing all Hallmark. You've inspired me to branch out. I let the kids pick our their own this year. Landry picked a Barbie princess and Nolan picked Thomas the train. Corinne didn't seem to care to much which one I got her. :) I love your "Mom's favorite" ornaments. Where do you find those?

Erin said...

Cute! We do the same thing! I have a box that was started the year I was born. The kids each have one too. I think Ryan has 4 already this year! They are all getting the "Mom's Favorite" ones this year! I hope you don't mind...I may do a blog like that!

April said...

We try to do the same, only this year Addie is two ornaments short. Let's see, she's three so that means she has one left. 1st year with hardwood floors and we've lost two already. Her Baby's 1st and last year's ornament. She was infatuated with Mickey so that's what we got. She dropped it on day one of the tree being up. I guess I could get duplicates, but that's just not the same. Know what I mean??? Love all of their ornaments. I'd love to know where you got them all. Especially the princess....I have one of those kids too :)

LifeAtTheCircus said...

What precious ornaments and sweet memories! MERRY CHRISTMAS!