Monday, October 06, 2008

"Mommy, I'm scared in my room!"

Ella Kate uses that line every single night at bedtime....or so I thought it was a line.
I figured she was just trying to stay up or, at the least, have one of us stay in her room with her.

A few weeks ago, I went in to check on her and this is what I found.



She is asleep under those covers!!

I have been checking in on her at bedtime for the last few weeks, and, almost every night, this is how I find her.

One night I went in before she was asleep and I saw 2 little eyes peeping out from the covers. She never uncovered her head...just peeped out.

She told me that she's scared so she hides.

Don't you remember thinking that if you were under the covers the boogey-man wouldn't get you?

Remember feeling like those covers hide everything?!

How funny.....guess she really is scared. :)

2 comments:

Scott and Sharon Ankerich said...

I'm amazed she stays in her bed or doesn't cry for you all. EK calls us to cover her up 200 times a night so tonight I went in and said, "You are old enough to reach down and pull up your own covers." She reached down, pulled them up, and turned back over... why didn't I do that 199 times ago??? :)
Blessings,
Sharon

Natalie Kellett said...

That is too cute and funny because I definitly remember doing that as a kid. I would so hot too and would fan myself really fast and then cover up.