Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jake's First Dermabond

Tonight we had our first Dermabond experience (Dermabond is the modern day "stitch" for the skin - really just like super glue). I must say that I really thought it would come sooner than this with Jake. And this one wasn't even very bad.

Jake was being so helpful and setting the table for me while dinner was cooking. I saw him putting out silverware and plates and thought he was done. Little did I know he was standing on the kitchen counter getting the glasses out!! He was trying so hard to be helpful, but....

it backfired on him. He fell off the counter. He cut his head and banged up his ribcage.

It bled a good bit because it was on his forehead and it didn't really want to stay shut so we paid a visit to good ole' Dr Brad. What would we do without him?!?

Dr Brad fixed Jake right up and we're as good as new....plus a little scar to match his buddy Braeden's! We are very appreciative for good friends that save us mucho money. Maybe he'll be able to set broken bones at home for the football years to come. ;)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

His first real scar!!! Many more to come I'm sure. Kain had to have that on his eyebrow when he was 1. I'm sure we paid a pretty penny for it!

Leigh Theo said...

Oh, man! I'm so sorry to see that sweet face all sad and, well, OPEN! Ouch. He really is the best helper! I told you he's my helper at school. I hope I'll see you guys tomorrow?!? Hugs, Leigh :)

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Poor little man!! My daughter was looking at the blog with me and said, "oh, boo-boo, why did he get a boo-boo?" Now as I am typing this comment she is begging to see it again.

Hope he feels better soon!