Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Blog Birthday!



Today is my 1 year blog birthday!! Yeah!!

I never knew if I would continue my blog this long. I'm really proud! Stick-to-it-ness isn't my strong point.

12 months, 128 posts, and lots of memories captured on screen.

I really do this for myself. Selfish, I know.

But I desperately want to remember the little moments in life and this is such an awesome way to do that. When I found out that you can have your blog printed in book form, I knew this was a must.

It's fun to look back at entries that are a year old....much less when they are YEARS old!!

My kids will probably know more than they ever wanted to about their childhoods.

So "Happy Birthday to Me!"

What do I want for my birthday?

Glad you asked :)

I want every single, and I mean every single, reader of my blog to comment on this birthday post. I know there are readers that I don't know...and that's fine!

And I know there are readers that I do know and I've forgotten that I ever gave you my blog-dress.

It's easy to comment...you can even do it without "signing in" and put your name in the comment so I'll know who you are.

Let me know you're reading and that will make my Blog-Birthday great!! :)

Update:

Because so many of you are interested in the "blog into book" here is what I know..... I read this on another blog and fell in LOVE with the idea.

Go to www.blurb.com and you can read all the info on them. They are VERY reasonable...I think less than $25 for the whole book. I think the only thing that isn't compatible with the books are slideshows, which I have tried to quit doing for this reason. I don't want to have to do a lot of editing when the time comes.

If anyone finds a better site for this, do tell! And if anyone has theirs done....we want to see!! :)

21 comments:

Daniel said...

Wohoo, I am excited that I'm the first to post a comment for your Blog Bday! I hope I keep to it as long as you do! Now, I have to go read your other posts to catch up! Hope all is well! April

Autumn said...

Hey... yeah!! Another Rogers is second in line!! Love the blog, Rhonda... please keep it up!! And, fill me in on that "blog in book form" thing! Take care!!

Alison said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I have enjoyed reading about your family. :)

Natalie Kellett said...

Happy blog Birthday!! Time goes by fast!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!! You can get your blog in book format???!?! HOW?!?!?! Theres so much more to this blog thing then I even imagined when I started... lots to still learn!

Kelly said...

Happy Blog Birthday! :-) I've loved getting to know you through this!
Could you post about where you can get your blg made into a book?? I would love to do that!

Leigh Theo said...

Happy Blog Birthday, girl!! I love your blog. In fact, you inspired me to start mine, so you can thank yourself for all that drama over there at "it's all small stuff." Seriously, I've really enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog and now with Jake-a-roo! I'll see you tomorrow (the day after your blog birthday)! Leigh :)

Stacy said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!!I am still very new to this but it seems to be addicting!I didn't know you could have this printed.I love reading stories about you and the kids.Keep up the good work!

Shane and Erin said...

Hey Rhonda! Wow! How neat that you have been blogging for a year now. I sure wish I had started doing it earlier than I have!

I have enoyed getting to "know" you through your blog and through our kids having classes together at the ELC!

Barbara Hoffman said...

Love the blog and reading all the adventures of the Waddell family. Happy Blog Birthday.... I hope to make it to one year. I started mine for the same resons... it forced me to take more pictures and write about the funny every day life experiences that you forget years from now.

Jo Ellen said...

Happy blog birthday! It's neat to be able to get to know you better through this.

Summer Martin said...

Happy Blog Birthday!! How funny that it is also Brynn's birthday. I can't believe that it has been one year already. My how time flies!!

Tracy said...

I love you and your blog! Keep going and just call me when you want to say what you really think and feel!
Tracy

Summer Laney said...

ok...so i am a day late, but happy blog birthday!!! Keep it up because it makes me keep mine up!!

Ashley said...

Happy Belated Blog Birthday. I love reading your blog...please continue with it. I hope that you are doing well! Take care!

Sophie Morand said...

Happy belated blog birthday! I just love to read your posts, I love the way you write, the tone. It is a lot of fun. Thanks.

Jennifer said...

HAPPY B'DAY TO YOU, HAPPY B'DAY TO YOU, HAPPY B'DAY DEAR BLOG HAPPY B'DAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your family and friends with us. I to started one for selfish reason so I could always go back but I just started and have not even got caught up from the past month but I do like doing it when I have the time. Still learning alot so I hope in a year I will still be here...

Love ya frazzle..lol

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Happy Birthday! How exciting to make it to the one year mark. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment this week. You totally made my day. I am bookmarking your blog, so expect me back!! :-)

Stephen and Laura Timmons said...

happy blog b-day! I enjoy each post!

Scott and Sharon Ankerich said...

Happy birthday to your blog! That is great that you even remembered when you started. I love reading all about your family!

jkstrib said...

Sorry I am really late, but Happy Birthday! I love reading about the Waddells~! Keep writing!