Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ballerina Ella

I have always dreamed of having a little girl to put in dancing classes.

I never took dance when I was little.

I attempted clogging when I was 24 but that is a whole different post. Let's just say grace isn't my middle name.

Maybe it was because I pitched such a fit at gymnastics that my mom didn't want to torture herself any further.

My sister took dance.

For one week.

She claims to this day that her teacher told her she was fat and wasn't a good ballerina.

She was 4.

I sure hope she has a distorted memory because if not....well, that lady has probably caused some serious eating disorders.

Good thing my sister grew up to be really skinny.

Last week my little girly-girl started dance class for the first time. Her mother was in heaven!

Ella Kate was pretty happy herself. She is just as enthralled with the thought as I am.

She could not have been more willing to put on her dance clothes, put her hair in a bun, and throw on those tappin' shoes.

She calls dance 'tappin'. She isn't real interested in ballet at this point. I guess the shoes don't make enough noise.

When we got there, her friend Jordan from school last year was in her class. Yea!!

She immediately told me bye and waved me out the door. Wow!

That's a change from crying every single week for 3 1/2 years when I drop her off at Sunday School.

I cannot wait to see how the recital plays out at the end of the year.

I have some friends that roll laughing imagining Ella Kate on stage with a whole auditorium staring at her.

She does have some shy issues at times.

But then again, at the church Easter music, she entertained us all.

Guess it will all depend on the mood.

Cause we all know it's all about the mood with our little girls. :)



9 comments:

Stacy said...

Ella is so cute!For her to be shy she sure was smiling and singing loud at the Easter program.Zoe started too.But we aren't allowed to go in and watch her :( Ella does look like she's lovin it.

Shane and Erin said...

How cute is she?! Don't you just love it?! I am glad Ella Kate did good at her first class!

Corrie said...

She is SO cute!

Scott and Sharon Ankerich said...

What a cutie!!! EllaKate loves her dance class- ballet and tap. Ella looks so sweet in her leo. Can't wait to see how she likes it.;)

Summer Martin said...

She is so cute!! I can't wait to see the recital:) I will be there, hopefully it is on a different night than Karson's.

Natalie Kellett said...

She is just the prettiest thing!!! I love her little outfit!

jkstrib said...

She looks so grown up. Adorable. Tell Jake I think his Superman pjs are still cool! Before the day of such, I was known to wrap a towel around my neck to become Supergirl!

Kim said...

You have the most adorable kids ever!! I love those pictures - especially of them on the steps. Too cute! And loe the new background!

Sophie Morand said...

I just love Ella Kate in her ballerina outfit, she is so so cute. You have two beautiful children. I love the new background, it looks good.