Friday, May 30, 2008

What a Precious Boy

Jake did the sweetest thing this morning. I was working on the computer while I was waiting on them to get up. He came tiptoeing in the room, and I felt sure he must be up to something.

He said, "Come here mom and let me show you what I did."

I've learned that you should always be nervous when he says those words.

This time I was pleasantly surprised. I had the best surprise.....

HE MADE HIS BED....WITHOUT BEING ASKED! Look how cute it is with the pillows propped up and everything!



I know to you this picture looks like a duplicate of the picture I posted below.

To me it's a picture of a precious 4 year old trying so hard to be big and make his momma proud!
I just love this cute little fellow. And I'll save this picture to remind me at all those times he cries and whines about not being ABLE to clean up.....that HE SURE CAN! :)

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to mention that we got Jake new bunk beds. I didn't even realize it until Summer asked about it. We were up until who knows what time on Wednesday putting them together. He loves them and we got a really good price on them at Factory Furniture for Kids. They really do have some great kids furniture for decent prices. If you're in the market, you should check it out.

3 comments:

Summer Laney said...

That was so sweet and grown up of Jake! I have to say it made me smile.

Summer Martin said...

How sweet and innocent does he look in that picture. It's amazing what a few new things in a room will encourage them to do!! I love the new bunk beds, now he is like Andrew & Zachary!!

Natalie Kellett said...

AWww. That was just so sweet. He did a really good job too. I also love the decor in the room. Very boyish cute.