Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

What a fun Memorial Day we had! I am usually bored on holidays because I think you should always have something really exciting to do! Well this one was really nice. Every Monday my friends and I get together to let the kids play and have some "mommy (and daddy!) time". We did 'Miss Donalds' through the winter but now that it's warm, we can venture out and do more things. This Monday we hung out at the pool. We had a really good time. We went early and had the pool to ourselves for at least a couple of hours and by the time it was getting crowded, we had eaten and were ready to head home. I've really come to enjoy and look forward to Mondays because I know we'll have a good time getting together.

Afterwards we came home to attack the mess that had steadily grown in my kids' rooms!! It was horrendous!! It took us over an hour - ick!!

Our friends the Laneys came over to cook out Monday night and Brynn brought her Power Wheels Mustang. They had a blast driving all 3 cars all over the yard. They played in the sprinkler a while and we just hung out in the backyard. It was a really nice and relaxing evening.

Oh, the popsicle days of summer!

1 comment:

Summer Laney said...

Mondays are probably one of my favorite days!

I am still recovering from my little sunburn, but we had a great time. Thanks for coming to the pool and thanks for inviting us for dinner.