Friday, February 22, 2008

We Have the Bug

The flu bug that is. Ella Kate woke up yesterday morning with a high fever which is really unusual for her - she's never had a fever in the am. She continued all day and I took her to the dr this morning to confirm my suspicions. It was only a matter of time! Thank goodness the very intelligent pediatrician gave us a prescription for Jake to take as well and my very intelligent dr called me in some also. Michael wasn't so fortunate. I prefer to think it's because his dr isn't all that intelligent. He said he'd have to have an office visit for his prescription. For what?!? To say "my daughter has the flu. I have no symptoms yet but charge me for the visit". I think it's called preventative and that would mean no symptoms.

So I guess if he comes down with it this weekend we'll be visiting our local urgent care.

Nana called this afternoon to check on Ella Kate and came by tonight with some goodies for her. She brought her a Dora doll which Ella has affectionately named "my beautiful Dora". I thought you'd enjoy seeing the difference in her...

Before Dora...


After Dora...


Okay, so maybe it's after Dora and a bath and a large dose of Advil. Anyway, she loves her Dora and is currently busy reading her stories. Anything is better than the rest of the day when she insisted (and I lovingly complied) that I sit on the couch and hold her while she watched some really UNentertaining cartoons. But she needed her mommy so I endured, and caught a few zzzz's in the meantime.

In the end....this too shall pass. Let's just hope it passes with Mommy, Daddy, and Jake avoiding the bug.

5 comments:

Summer Laney said...

Poor Ella. I hope she feels better soon. That stinks that Michael's Dr wouldn't call him in anything...Drs...always want you to come in now. Well hope the 3 of you stay well.

Natalie Kellett said...

bless her heart. Everyone kids are sick. I hope she gets better!!

Summer Martin said...

I am so sorry Ella feels bad. Be sure and tell her Ms. Summer said I hope she feels better soon. I hope for your sake no one else gets it. Sometimes being overprotective as the opposite effect:) Just kidding on that!!

jkstrib said...

Get well soon, Ella! I love your beautiful Dora. Way cool! Hope the rest of your family does not have the flu!

Autumn said...

Hi Rhonda! Glad you read my blog! I've been enjoying yours for a while now. So sorry to hear about the flu. Hope everyone stays well and Ella feels better soon!