Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me (& Michael!)

Today is mine & Michael's anniversary. Yes, we made the mistake of picking a wedding date too close to Valentine's Day. We thought since it was a week before, flowers would still be pretty reasonable. WRONG!!! We later found out that they mark roses up 2 weeks before Valentines Day and that we would be paying out the whazoo for them! If I remember correctly, we took our chances on them staying fresh and bought them extra early to try to avoid the high prices. I can't imagine what the people getting married the next Saturday (Feb 14) were paying!!


I found some pictures of us but they weren't on the computer, so quality is a little rough - I took pictures of pictures. And no, we don't have 10 years worth of pictures because we dated all through junior high, high school and college. No, we don't have prom pictures either!! Funny thing is, we both grew up in the same small town and went to the same small high school. BUT, we never met each other. We met at Carowinds standing in line for the Drop Zone! Small world.


This particular picture I think is funny. When I was very little I had a little boyfriend named Mark Waddell. We were hot and heavy!! We planned to get married and our sisters were going to be our children - nevermind that they are both less than 5 years younger than us! We would play for hours deciding on what color our curtains would be and how much we estimated our power bill to be (wonder what our parents talked about?!). Anyway, I colored this picture when I was around 5 declaring myself 'Rhonda Waddell'. Little did I know that I would indeed by Mrs. Waddell!








4 comments:

Natalie Kellett said...

Congratulations!!! I love your wedding pics. You look so pretty!!! Hope you guys have a great anniversary!

Jed said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Summer Martin said...

Happy Anniversary! Did you guys go out for dinner last night? I love the pictures, neither of you have changed at all.

jkstrib said...

Happy Anniversary!