Monday, January 14, 2008

The BIG 3-0

Yes, it's true. I am officially old!!! No offense to those who are already old. :)
Today is my 30th Birthday and so far so good. No meltdowns to speak of.

We celebrated on Saturday shopping with the girls - my mom, my grandma, my sister, and Ella Kate. We then had dinner at Mimi's in Greenville and were joined by my dad's parents, granny & papa. Speaking of...

Happy Birthday Papa!!

I am lucky enough to share my birthday with my papa. I barely made it, coming into the world right before midnight. It is so special to always share this day with him.

Then my dear husband surprised me in Sunday School yesterday morning with a little party, cake, candles and all! I cannot believe that he was able to pull that off without me having a clue. I always said he wasn't sneaky enough for that. Maybe I should be worried?!?

Last night Michael and I dropped the kids off at church (yes, you heard me right and I am so ashamed) and went out for a birthday dinner at the Olive Garden. So, needless to say, I have partied all weekend long. Jake says that my birthday can't be today because I've already had it all weekend. He is actually very jealous and made us put candles on the remainder of my cake and sing to him yesterday!!





Oh, and I have LOTS of cake to be eaten. I still have some left from SS, some left from the ice cream cake my mom bought, and my grandma baked me a chocolate chip pie and a chocolate cake. Wow!!! I'll never eat it all...or maybe I will. :)

Anyway, it's been fun and I guess as everyone else has told me, "It's better than the alternative!" So, happy birthday me!!

3 comments:

Summer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA!!! You are far to young to be calling yourself old. You have lots of things left in life to experience, so you couldn't possibly be old!! Just remind me of this in a fews years when i think i am old.

Natalie Kellett said...

Happy Birthday and you are not old by any means!! I'm glad you got to go eat sunday without kids and enjoy your time with your husband. You need that sometimes :) Have a fabulous day but I think you already have..

Elizabeth said...

I know someone who could help out with the ice cream cake... :)