Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to Normal

We are just now getting back to normal with our schedule, thank goodness!! The kids were so ready to go back to school on Friday and I was ready to send them. Jake told me every day that he missed Ms. Sophie. They have 3 holidays this month so their schedule will still be a little off.

We had a nice weekend. Michael's sister decided to move on Saturday so we went and helped her pack up and move. She is moving onto the road with his mom and uncles so it will be nice for her to be closer.


We are really working on Ella Kate and her potty skills this week. She has been a pro at pee-peeing in the potty for months now, but....her pooping skills have much to be desired!! She refuses to poop in the potty! There have been a couple of fluke accidents but other than that, we've been cleaning out underwear for months! Needless to say, we are very tired of doing that. I've tried everything...taking away princess panties, embarrassing her by putting her back in diapers, threatening, forcing her to sit there when I know she has to go... Nothing has worked.

This week we are bribing with a new "pink" girlie potty. She had a fit when she saw it at Wal-Mart and promised she would love to put her poop in it. So I got it along with a bag of m&m's for extra reinforcement. Yesterday, she pooped 2 times after we set the potty up (in front of the tv no doubt!). Unfortunately they were both in her panties. But she seems to think that if she can pull her panties off and sit on the potty and let it fall off her heiney into the potty, that counts as pooping in the potty. :( I'm letting it slide for now because she wouldn't even do that before. I guess we're in for another day of "poop parties" in front of the tv!

Any advice on this is welcome and long overdue! :)

4 comments:

Summer Martin said...

Girl I have no advice for this situation. She is very head strong and I think she knows what she is doing. I think right now you are having a battle of wills. Do not give up. If you do you will be changing poop for awhile. I will pray for you.

Natalie Kellett said...

Rhonda I have no kids and I really don't know what I would do. I will keep praying for ya though. I know if I was a kid and had a pink potty I would love going to the potty.. haha...!!!

KK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Kellett said...

Rhonda you must look at my new post
!!