Sunday, January 27, 2008

4 am

Very happy for 4 am!

We have been up since 4 am. Yes, I am tired already and it is only 6am now. Ella Kate has this persistent dry, constant cough that has not allowed her to sleep one wink tonight. I finally got up and gave her more meds which did not help and have been up with her ever since. Michael gave up on sleep at about 4:45 or so.

We did have a sweet moment at 4 am to make it better. Jake has never been a baby that appreciated a good "rocking". Jake cried if you rocked him, he cried if you held him, he cried if you sat him down. He just plain cried ALL the time!!!! So, I didn't attempt to rock him because who would want to hold that crying right beside their ear for a long period of time. He usually quieted down the fastest if I just put him in the bed and left him alone. (As a side note, he's still quite ornary!)

Anyway, because of my experience with him, I think I just assumed that the whole rocking thing was overrated. Babies don't really enjoy it, it's just something you see in the movies. I never tried to rock Ella Kate much and she was content either way. My mom did rock her at her house so she always talked about wanting Mimi to rock her. I thought it was just their way of bonding! :)

So, this morning at 4am I did get to snuggle my 2 year old baby and rocked her for the longest time. I so wish I had done this more when she was a baby. But I will have to enjoy it while I can. I know that soon she will be much bigger and not so easy to rock. She is the sweetest little thing in the night I do have to say. It makes it really hard to be upset at losing sleep!

On the bright side, I do have a great glider with no wear on it!!!

We have our church's Groundbreaking and 20th Anniversary service this morning. Hopefully we'll make it through that and then can all come home for a loooong nap!

3 comments:

Natalie Kellett said...

I hope you get your nap today. Ella was so cute singing today! They sounded all so good and the service was so great and inspiring. If you guys ever need help with the preschool choir just let me know. I love the little ones. Have a great day!

Rhonda Waddell said...

Girl, we always need help with the preschool choir!! :) Seriously, we could use you from a regular person to a substitute - whatever you're up for. Let me know and we'll love you for it!

Summer Laney said...

I hope you enuoyed your long nap today. As for me--still no nap. Brandon had a short one that was interupted by Addie Grace.

I am updating my blog tonight so be on the look out.