Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Spartanburg Christmas Parade

Ella follows Jake up the tree while we wait for the keys

Jake climbs a tree while we wait to get the keys out

Brycen is glad to finally see Santa

I believe the Byrnes High Band is passing as they hold their ears. Don't let them fool you though, they loved the bands!!!

Jake hugs a furry pirate

Waiting for the parade to start!

Okay, so Braeden's eyes are closed and his mouth his full...

Yes, we have been to more parades this year than most people go to in 5 years!! But we love them! Each one of them has something unique about them....Macy's was just undescribable with the whole New York thing plus the big balloons, Woodruff has the candy, and Spartanburg was at night. Plus we've been to each one with different people that are very special to us!
We met up with our friends the Harrisons at the Spartanburg Parade. Brad and Tracy have twin 3 year old boys, Brycen and Braeden, that our kids just love! They get to play together a lot at church, school, and the Westside Club.
The whole parade at night thing was kind of cool and the weather was perfect!! We did not even need jackets it was so warm. I'd have to say that all of the kids really loved the bands in this parade - there were at least 5! And Brycen would ask every few minutes if Santa was there yet.
I hear from Tracy that Braeden and Jake had their 5 minutes of fame on the Channel 21 news last night. The camera lady stood right next to us and got a shot of the two of them sitting in their chairs.
Oh, and did I forget to mention that halfway through the parade, we realized we had locked our keys in our car!!! We called my dad from his cozy recliner and he came up and helped Michael pry them out. We were thankful that it was warm enough for the kids to play while they worked and that we didn't have to pay a locksmith to do it!

2 comments:

Natalie Kellett said...

Your kids are just so precious. I'm so glad you found me on here. Have a great weekend. I have to the whole weekend and we wont be in SS this week :(

Summer said...

I will try to keep mine up. I hate that about the keys. Sorry about Brynn I thought she was better. I am going to take her to the Dr in th morning. Oh and I think Ella would LOVE octopus hair, it's so much fun!