Saturday, October 13, 2007

Anderson Mill Road Fall Festival

Today was our church's annual Fall Festival. It's always a HUGE deal at our church and it's always lots of fun! Jake and Ella Kate both started out (emphasis on started out) having a great time. Mama and Daddy had to take turns going on the blow-up slides with Ella Kate - pretty amusing for those watching. The funniest time came when it was time for Regional One, Spartanburg Regional Hospital's emergency transport helicopter, to leave. Everyone stood back the appropriate distance, which turned out not to be far enough for the wind not to knock you down!! We were totally unprepared for the huge amount of wind that would involve!!! Check out the precious picture of the kids and Michael watching. When Jake finally uncovered his eyes, he found that his cheetos had been blown away and were nowhere to be found!
After that excitement, Jake and Ella Kate decided it was time to make their debut on a ride......hmmm....... We chose the spinning, yes spinning, teacup type things. Jake, mama(who does get motion sick easily), Ella Kate, and 2 little friends of ours, Joshua and Dillon (whose Mom was actually smart enough not to get on) hopped into our cup.
Ella Kate decided fairly quickly that she didn't enjoy the ride and laid down in my lap. I immediately covered my eyes and laid my head as far down as I could get and still be upright. Jake began spinning the cup with Joshua and Dillon. He was thoroughly enjoying the ride for all of 30 seconds. At that time, he informed me that he didn't feel very well and that he was going to be sick. I told him to close his eyes and put his head down until it was over. About 10 seconds later he was gagging and I was waving my hands and yelling for the operator to stop the ride. He apparently thought I was kidding and Michael yelled back that I was a party pooper!! About that time, Jake lost his cheetos and coke! That got the operator's attention and we finally stopped but not soon enough. Jake continued to throw up while we used every wipe we had to ry to get him off of the ride and clean up the seat. Oh well, you never know what happened in the seat before you at the fair!! We found some port-o-potties with a make-shift sink to wipe him up. Then my sickness started to hit me. It really amazes me how well God equipped mothers to completely ignore their own urges to vomit until their 4 year old is feeling a little better. When I quit worrying so much about Jake, I realized that I was pretty sick myself!! Michael found the whole situation to be a little too amusing, by the way. He laughed the whole way home as Jake continued to throw up, and I continued to catch it, all the while trying to hold mine in. He did mention as we got on the ride that we would all be sick the rest of the day. Who knew that would be the one time he was right?! : ) I am now finally feeling better and Jake is still asleep. What a day!
Mama and Ella Kate on the slide
Daddy and Ella Kate coming down!
Jake slides fast!
Jake, Ella Kate, and daddy are blown away by the helicopter
The "Before" photo.... The "After" photo :)


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Aww...you poor things! I do distinctly remember telling Jason as we walked up that the spinning ride was sure to make someone puke. Yikes.

Oh, and that picture of them watching the helicopter take back off is so cute!